Een tijdelijke oplossing (in het Engels) is te vinden op het forum van Apple:
* Make sure the iPhone is not connected to your computer. Restart the handset and make sure you don't access the App Store application until the end of this procedure.
* In the desktop's iTunes, go to Preferences and click on the Devices tab to put a checkmark by the Disable automatic syncing for iPhones and iPods option. Click OK.
* Go back to the Devices tab and click Reset Sync History.
* Deauthorize your computer from the Store menu.
* Quit iTunes and the re-launch the program.
* Authorize your computer from the Store menu.
* Go to preferences and click the Reset Sync History under the Devices tab.
* Click on the Applications section in iTunes sidebar (if you can't see the Applications section in the sidebar, turn it on in Preferences) and click on Check for updates at the bottom of the list of applications.
* Now Connect your iPhone and wait for it to appear in the iTunes sidebar.
* Check your syncing preferences in tabs shown when you click the iPhone in iTunes sidebar and set them to your liking, sync step #3 erased your syncing preferences.
* Sync your iPhone.